Effective Date: September 10, 2015
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service (available on this website), including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect information directly from users, such as when they sign up to receive special offers from us or register for an account with us. We also collect certain information automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information You Provide
We collect information that you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. For example, we collect information from you when you make a purchase from us, create an account (offered as a convenience to customers but not required), request information, submit a review, or otherwise contact us. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your interaction with our Site and your use of our Services, but may include: full name, mailing address, billing address, email address, payment information (for purchases) and any other information that you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We use this information to enhance your online shopping experience and to enable us to provide you with an easier and more personalized level of service. On some of our Sites, we may combine this information with personal information that you have provided to us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your orders or otherwise provide our Services to you.
- To communicate with you (including via email), such as to respond to your requests/inquiries and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- Where permitted, for marketing and promotional purpose. For example, in accordance with applicable law and with your consent, we will use your email address to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, and to contact you about products or information (offered by us or in conjunction with third parties) we think may interest you. We may use your information to assist us in advertising our Services on third party platforms and sites.
- Where permitted, for traditional mail marketing. From time to time, we may use your information for traditional mail marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive mail from us, please log-into your account and change your preferences. If you opt-out of direct mail, we will continue to use your mailing address for transactional and informational purposes regarding your purchases and your inquiries.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our Site and Services, to respond to user preferences, and for research and analytical purposes.
Does Chef Handler Share the Information It Collects About You?
We may share the information that we collect about you as follows:
- Service Providers/Agents. We disclose your information to third parties, including service providers, independent contractors, and affiliates that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customers lists, analyzing data, providing marketing and advertising assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and credit card links. These entities are contractually required to protect your personal information.
- Trading Partners. Our product lines are offered internationally in conjunction with select international trading partners. Our trading partners’ use of your personal information is subject to this Policy.
- Affiliates. Where permitted, we may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for their own marketing, research, and other purposes.
- Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We also may share your information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Site. We use this information to remember you once you have logged onto your account and to remember your shopping cart. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function, such as the shopping cart.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects ("Flash LSOs") to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose "Global Storage Settings Panel" and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO. Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
How Do We Use Third Party Analytics and Tracking?
What about Third-Party Links?
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
What About Third-Party Advertisers?
In the United States, you may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links. There might be similar opportunities to opt-out of third-party ad networks in the country in which you are located.
Am I Allowed to Post to Your Site?
We like hearing from our customers. We invite you to post your comments, such as your reviews of our products, pictures, videos, and other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site, along with your chosen reviewer name and city/state/country (as applicable). If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. For various reasons, we do not allow customers under the age of 13 to post comments on our website.
How Secure is My Personal Information?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Can I Access, Update, Correct, or Delete My Personal Information?
You have the right to access and correct the personal information that we hold about you. If you created an account with us, you may access, update, and correct the information that you have submitted to us by logging into your account. If you made a purchase as a guest, or if would like to delete the information that you submitted to us, please contact our respective Customer Service Department’s at the following email address:
As permitted by applicable law, we may retain changed or deleted information
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
To opt-out of marketing emails, you may update your preferences by logging into your account or by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. To opt-out of postal mail, please contact Customer Service at the applicable email address listed above. If you opt-out of receiving emails or postal mail about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails/postal mail about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
What About Children?
Our Site and Services are not designed for persons under 18.
How do I get in touch with Chef Handler?
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact the applicable Customer Service department via the email addresses listed above.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or by contacting you at the email address on file.